Thursday, August 27, 2009

TA's just arrived

Travel approvals just arrived!! Now everything will start to move pretty fast. The agency will confirm our adoption appt with the civil affairs office in province. That is when the adoption is final in China's eyes and usually happens the day after you receive your child. The next appt to confirm is with the US Consulate. This is one of the last things you do before you return home and this appt is what determines your final travel dates. So we should know by Monday, maybe tomorrow but for sure by Monday when we leave. We are hoping and the agency says its a good chance we will leave on Sept. 10th!! Two weeks from today!!! Am I ready??
Yea, I am down to the last few details. I will post some photo's later of the guest room with all the stuff I have collected to take with us. Keep in mind this is not stuff I feel I can't live without but is stuff highly recommended from those been there done that folks. You should also know we are each allowed one checked bag not to exceed 44lbs and one carry on not to exceed 11 lbs and we are there for 14 days.
I am soooo excited the TA's are here!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

YEAH!!!!! I was so busy with airfare today! I didn't hear! Congratulations!!! We will be in China the same time, but I think we might miss each other in GZ! We will be leaving GZ on the 17th. Let me know when you arrive! Maybe we can meet!!!

Darci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darci said...

YAY! I'm praying that you leave on Sept 10th. :) Fingers crossed.

ps - I deleted the other post because I can't spell this morning.