Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gotcha Day - We have Katie!!


We have Katie, she is sleeping here in the crib as I type this. She has had a hard day. We happened to be in the lobby lurking around when the babies arrived at 3:15 PM, our schedule was for us to meet the babies at 4:00. With no warning the nannies came marching through the hotel lobby, 7 of them with 7 babies ofcourse. All the babies where dressed alike. I spotted Katie right away, she was being carried by the nanny with the coral shirt on as you will see in the photo where they checked our paperwork and handed her over.




She was hot, tired and crying, she has a cold and some definite congestion in her chest so we will be checking on that and watching it closely.She cried quite a bit but would stop and look up at me as if she was saying "who in the world are you and where did you come from?", then she would cry a minute longer and look at me again. Once back to the room we hurried to make her a bottle as the nannies said she was hungry. She took 12oz of her formula they gave us, she was starving. I felt so bad for her. After she ate she was happier but you could tell she doesn't feel well. She kept chewing on her clothes and appears to have two new teeth coming in on top. Roger did get her to laugh out loud though, it was sooo sweet. She was very interrested in what we where doing and would stopy crying and crook her head around to see exactly what we where doing. I changed her diaper after she settled down some to find it was a diaper that did not attach on the sides and was held in place by an elastic rope that had been tied around her waist.




Now for the size, she is tiny!!! The 6 month clothes I brought for her swallow her whole. The 2-3 size diapers I have could easily hold her three times over so we will be shopping her for a few more items. I mean she is tiny!!!!!

Well that's all I can do for now, we are exhausted again, the jet lag has not completely left us yet and we are keeping a very busy schedule. We leave the hotel by 8:00 in the morning to go to the civil affairs office and finalize the adoption for the province. Please ignore all my spelling and grammer errors as I am fighting sleep each evening when creating these post... Enjoy the Katie photo's! Pray she feels better tomorrow!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is tiny..we can see those brown eyes. she is so pretty...love you all..turm

Danny said...

Wow! She is adorable. Congratulations!!

Sue said...

Congratulations! What a blessing. The lord has a beautiful plan and it is all coming together. You three and little bit back here in USA are a beautiful family. Katie, Mr S. ( he prefers "Uncle Fred" but is a man of patience, wants you to know that her will have special Luby meals for you when you are ready so you will fill out in no time:)I am a testament!
I am looking forward to singing you some soft lulabys when the time is right and Alex will enjoy showing you and lil bit what sweet angels do as they grow.
Love, F, S, A and Moxie
Leslie says hello and congrats.

We are so happy for all of you, feel better Katie and we will see you all soon. Mom you and Dad are doing a great job, you are very special people.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable =) I am so excited! I hope she gets to feeling better! Yall stay safe! Love yall! Courtney

Jinna said...

She is so cute! I am so happy to hear everything is going well. Hopefully Katie will feel better soon. I can't wait to see my new sister! Love you!!

Luna said...

Ohhh, she is so cute!!! I can't get over how tiny she is!

Congratulations....A family united AT LAST!!

Jen,Emma, And Will said...

Regina, she is such a pretty girl! We are so happy for you. Glad the trip is going well and Katie's doing better.- Jen
Aunt Regina, she is so cute and tiny.
I can't wait to meet her. LOVE,Emma
Cant' Wait To See You. China Sounds Like A Interresting Place!!