Saturday, September 19, 2009

We are at the White Swan in Guangzhou

We are now in Guangzhou! We left our hotel this morning at 6:30 AM and arrived here around noon. Katie is a super traveler, she didn't fuss one time even on the plane. I was worried with her congestion that she wouldn't do well but she actually slept all during take off and most of the flight.  I am better also, I remembered pretty quickly after starting to get my cold that I had pretty much packed a pharmacy to bring with me. Katie continues to show us her personality, she is so funny and sweet. In a shop tonight (yes we are already shopping as that is what you do here, but more about that later) Roger walked in and from several feet away she spotted him and let out the cutest scream while a big smile spread across her face. It was so sweet!
We are at the White Swan Hotel, I have seen the photo's of this hotel hundreds of times on the many blogs I followed for four years during this wait. It is odd to actually be here. We already know we will be happier here, the hotel is huge, so far everyone speaks English, western food is readily available inside and out, and did I mention the shopping. Our guide is taking us to the Jade store tomorrow!!
Todays pictures are just some cute shots we got of Katie, she is soooo sweet. Sorry this is short again, we are busy and tired as you can imagine.
Thanks Darci for sending us the comments, we really appreciate it. We are still unable to access the blog here. Hopefully we will have more time tomorrow to post, there is so much to tell that we could never place it all here anyway. I have lost track of the pictures we have taken between us but its over 500 photograghs. So when we get home we will share all those if anyone wants to see them. Better go for now.

6 comments:

Luna said...

Enjoy the White Swan! I miss that beautiful breakfast buffet!!!

Danny said...

The baby is so cute! I cannot wait to see her in person!! Jade shopping, how fun, bring home something cool.

Cheers!

Danny

mother and dad said...

Katie is looking healthier every day.I know you all are taking good care of her.Glad you are better. Madison is naping and I am keeping Jimmy busy,helping me. We gave Madison an empty coffee canister this morning and she thought she had a new toy. We are keeping her fed, and happy. Enjoy your time there.Take care.

Darci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darci said...

I second what your mom said. Katie is looking much healthier already. :) She's in great hands. My dad actually made the same comment this afternoon.

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy what's left of your trip. I wish I could jade shop. Fun!

Courtney said...

AW katie has the outfit on I bought her! Yay its so cute! I loved that dress!! She is a cutie! Have fun shopping! Tell mom to buy me something good :) Love you, Courtney