Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More random thoughts

One more post today, the first photo's are of some girls at Wal Mart yesterday. Our agency gives us a card to wear so when the Chinese people see us and come up to us wondering why we have a Chinese baby we can show them. The card says something to the effect of ..... We are American's and have come to China to get our little girl, it gives her Chinese name, says where she is from and we are taking her home to America where we will give her all our heart and make sure she receives the best education. It also says we love Chinese culture. So these three girls ask me in English is that a Chinese baby? When I said yes, Roger offered them the card which was hanging behind me so they are reading it. It was really funny as they read aloud but softly until they go to her name then they shouted Yi Xiao Kai. When finished they said it was great and then asked to have their picture taken with Roger on their cell phones. Go figure?  Several Chinese people have read our card and given us a thumbs up.
I also posted a picture of the caligraphy we had done today for both Madison and Katie. They turned out really nice. The girl in the purple sweater is our guide, Grace. She is so good and a tiny girl herself. She is teaching us Chinese each morning on the bus as we go places so we will see if we can remember any of it when we get home.
I think Roger mentioned it but I wanted to say this little one is a real sweetie! Her whole world has been turned upside down and yet she never fusses. She is still sick but getting better and yet she is eating good, sleeping, smiling and trying to play more everyday. We feel very lucky with how well she is doing.
I am actually starting to get sick, sore throat, so I am catching what she has I guess. Roger and I are ready to come home. The trip is great, Katie is a doll, but now that we have her we miss Madison all that much more. We know she is fine, actually making it well with out us but we are ready to come home! Thats all for tonight, our papa johns is due any minute.

6 comments:

Evelyn Aucoin said...

I know you are ready to be home - I do not consider myself a picky eater, but I am pretty sure I would starve over there ;-) Hopefully will the appointments next week, it will start to fly by. Love to you both and a kiss for Katie - Ev

Luna said...

I would just fill up at breakfast buffet in the morning and that would get me by for the day....Papa Johns was great too!!

I'm glad Katie is doing well. She's so cute! I hope your sore throat feels better. It's not fun being sick away from home.

mother and dad said...

try to enjoy the trip while you are there. Glad Katie is better. She looks better every day. We are good here. weather is feeling like fall. we are enjoying our time with Madison.love you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Regina, Roger, & Rhonda!! I'm happy to hear things are going well with you all & Katie.
Regina, those pictures of your holding Katie for the first time made me cry, there is so much emotion on your face. I know you're all ready to come home & see Madison. Be sure to take pictures of Katie & Madison meeting for the first time.
Take care.....
Love, Pat

Darci said...

I love the seeing the pictures and hearing about what's going on. Regina, so, so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Did you at least get to eat a good pizza?

Sending positive, happy thoughts all the way to China. :) We're looking forward to your return.

stephanie said...

Hope you feel better soon, or you will have to start eating the local delicacies to keep your strength up!! I'll add my positive, happy thoughts to Darci's with the added plea for time to fly by. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
love xx